What Crafty Thing Have You Got Your Eye On..?

(6 Posts)
JoffreyBaratheon Wed 22-Jun-16 11:25:15

It's a total extravagance (although in my head I can justify it as something I'd use daily) but I really want to treat myself to Merchant & Mills' tailors' snips! I had some ace snips I have somehow lost...

I keep eyeing them on the internet but still not clicked 'Buy'...

So what crafty thing have you got your beady eye on?

CatherineDeB Wed 22-Jun-16 18:44:21

I would like some Ernest Wright tailors shears, it is my birthday soon and I am going to ask for some smile.

CatherineDeB Wed 22-Jun-16 18:50:18

Just realised that we have almost the same thing on our wants list Joffrey. I could buy them for myself but am being restrained in view of my birthday! I am always at a loss when DH asks me what I would like. Not much else I want really, craft or otherwise.

JoffreyBaratheon Thu 23-Jun-16 09:37:18

Catherine, we must have been separated at birth because I also was thinking of asking for some Ernest Wright tailors' shears for my birthday (but it's not til September!) I love the look of the tailors' snips as well but they're a good tenner more than the M & M ones...

I have a sewing machine table drawer full of scissors but have never bought a truly decent pair, except for some vintage Sheffield made pinking shears I picked up at a car boot for a quid or so, the other month!

CatherineDeB Thu 23-Jun-16 10:15:01

I am September too Joffrey (planning ahead). Likewise re never splurging on a forever pair before but they will last forever so a good present I think.

JoffreyBaratheon Sun 26-Jun-16 12:51:37

OK I took the plunge and ordered them (partly to cheer myself up on Friday following the news, and partly because I have been looking forward to Woolfest all year but now can't go as my sons decided to move house this weekend...)

I would have spent more than that at Woolfest, right?

The snips came yesterday. (How's that for prompt?) And are everything I'd hoped they'd be! Now to cut out a dress just so I can use them to snip some notches...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now