I need a new big project. Ideas please.

(6 Posts)
TheWizardOfOs Mon 13-Jun-16 08:15:29

Crochet. Something juicy to get my teeth in. That will take a while.
Maybe cotton. Maybe in bits (squares/hexagons). Something like Freda's flowers cal but with nicer colours.

And suggestions please. brew

ConfuciousSayWhat Sat 18-Jun-16 17:29:30

Hit pinterest, there are thousands of projects on there and I'm slowly working my way through things.

Perhaps one of those blankets that each block is a different word? They're brilliant and I can't find a pattern anywhere so if you find one... grin

SoupDragon Sat 18-Jun-16 17:45:09

How about something like the 2015 and 2016 Moogly CALs - they are all 12" (or 10 if, like me, you use DK) squares and some are quite complex. I've also made a good few of the alternatives that people have recommended in the Ravelry groups.

whothefuckhas5children Sun 26-Jun-16 22:43:39

26 alphabet squares www.repeatcrafterme.com/2014/10/26-days-of-crochet-animal-alphabet.html

Or a beekeepers quilt. www.ravelry.com/projects/yarngal1077/the-beekeepers-quilt

whothefuckhas5children Sun 26-Jun-16 22:45:43

Oops the beekeepers is in knit.

Here's a different type of thing - wall hanging crochet as art www.jellina-creations.nl/blog/brain-teaser-blanket-patroon

ConfuciousSayWhat Sun 26-Jun-16 23:06:59

I'm making this to have a try of Bernat blanket yarn (I hate it) the pattern designer is keeping the pattern to herself unless you pay her but it's basically a scarf length chain then 12-15 rows of treble stitch (American dc) and sew 3 big buttons on it so pretty easy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now