Looking for a nice pattern for crocheting with chunky wool

(10 Posts)
ConfuciousSayWhat Sat 04-Jun-16 12:56:22

I'm wanting to make some quick large blankets for people's Christmas presents so am wondering if anyone has any patterns they'd recommend for me please?

Blueside Thu 09-Jun-16 06:59:00

Look at afghan star blankets. The Crochet Crowd fb site is my favourite

Blueside Thu 09-Jun-16 07:00:55

They have great you tube tutorials. And the host is fab.

BrianBlowsBubbles Thu 09-Jun-16 07:19:44

I like a mixed granny square blanket. Use Stylecraft chunky (not too £££) and loads of colours. Then make 9/12 big granny squares in different styles and sew together. Easy, doesn't take long, very few ends to sew in and because you are doing it square by square you avoid that row by row boredom of a big blanket.

www.mooglyblog.com/10-perfect-crochet-squares-for-fast-afghans/

SoupDragon Thu 09-Jun-16 07:31:42

Do you want an all-in-one-piece blanket or one that you need to put together?

ConfuciousSayWhat Thu 09-Jun-16 11:54:33

Thank you, I'll have a look at those

soup I don't mind but I think an all in one I'll get bored with unless it's a quick one grin

SoupDragon Thu 09-Jun-16 12:10:41

I know what you mean about getting bored! I have a ripple I've been making for about 6 years I think.

There are all in one blankets that use a different stitch every few rows though.

SoupDragon Thu 09-Jun-16 12:12:06

If you look at the Moogly CAL for 2015 and this year, there are lots of nice 12" squares. They'll probably be bigger with chunky wool - I think the original CAL was for Aran.

SoupDragon Thu 09-Jun-16 12:13:09

I did a " flowers in the snow" blanket for my mother one Christmas. It's done in blocks but they are all the same so it's kind of midway on the boredom scale!

ConfuciousSayWhat Sat 18-Jun-16 17:30:24

Oh thank you! Sorry I forgot about this thread grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now