Aargh! Help me find some free downloadable build a bear clothes patterns!!

(8 Posts)
lucysmam Fri 29-Apr-16 20:41:17

I have hunted high and low and am really struggling to find anything much.

I've found instructions to make a sleeping bag, and a couple of printable pj patterns but that's it & I wanted one for a hoody/trousers and a swimsuit.

Any ideas where to look?

Dutchoma Fri 29-Apr-16 21:55:24

Ravelry? Or do you want sewing patterns? Not quite sure what ou mean by build a bear.

lucysmam Fri 29-Apr-16 22:04:06

That would have helped blush yep sewing patterns! Build a Bear - as in the shop where the kids get a bear stuffed & then you pay stoooopid prices for the clothes to kit them out...making them myself if I can find something to work from will be miles cheaper with all the scraps I have about.

I've found a swimsuit pattern for a doll that I think I can adjust to fit a bear so just hunting for trousers now...and possibly a hoody. If I can find a hoody then I may make a uniform for our Rainbows mascot bear too.

TheWoollybacksWife Fri 29-Apr-16 22:31:37

There is a Danish blog that I found by typing Buildabear Patterns into Pinterest. The pinned photo is a bear in a hooded bathrobe and there are some patterns on the blog - the hooded robe could be adapted to make a hoody, perhaps? I can't find an option to translate it into English but the pattern pieces look fairly obvious to my untrained eye.

Disclaimer - my needlework teacher breathed a huge sigh of relief when I told her I wasn't planning to take it for O Level. grin

lucysmam Fri 29-Apr-16 22:43:59

I had a brief scroll of Pinterest but they mostly looked to be knitting and crochet patterns. I'll go back for another look. Thanks Woolly smile

lucysmam Fri 29-Apr-16 23:09:12

I found it - can't get it to open the robe on my phone though so will try on the laptop tomorrow morning.

93pjb Thu 26-May-16 14:54:41

I'm having the same dilemma - I got an 18in doll pattern for tops/trousers/dresses etc and have been using that as a base and adjusting it. Build a bear now has a green gingham school summer dress which has made dd very happy even if I haven't quite got the sizing right yet.

93pjb Thu 26-May-16 15:56:28

The school dress - bodice is a bit too small

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now