What should I crochet next?

(10 Posts)
Euphemia Sat 13-Feb-16 12:31:10

I've made several granny square blankets, some hats, several scarves.

I'd like to make either something useful/wearable, or something arty to hang on the wall.

Any ideas?

dirtycarpet Sat 13-Feb-16 12:43:18

How about a lovely wreath like some of the ones Attic 24s Lucy has made. Maybe a bright Easter one? Here attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2013/03/easter-wreath-ta-dah.html

dirtycarpet Sat 13-Feb-16 12:45:36

I'm halfway through making the squares for the Harmony blanket, as much as I love it and can't wait to have it finished, I'm having a little break from it. I knitting some woolly hat sat the moment.

fieldfare Sat 13-Feb-16 13:00:26

I've just made a large bowl using thick jersey yarn, it's about 8" X 4" and a large shallow tray for a shelving unit to pop bits and bobs in, that's about 12" square. I'm really pleased with them. All in a basic double stitch, now I need to get to grips with more adventurous stitches.

GloopyGhoul Sat 13-Feb-16 13:07:40

I make a lot of play food for my daughter. It's quick, fun, and can be challenging!

Euphemia Sat 13-Feb-16 14:40:29

Those wreaths are lovely. I remember a link on here to her Christmas one but I didn't have time to start one.

Play food is a good idea - I'm a primary teacher so I could put it to good use!

PolterGoose Sat 13-Feb-16 17:56:22

I've now made several of the Windowpane scarf and it's lovely, quick too smile

Euphemia Sat 13-Feb-16 21:41:56

Oooh that's nice!

PolterGoose Sun 14-Feb-16 08:23:51

It is nice smile I work into the back loops of the starting chain so both ends look more or less the same. The first I did had a lot of false starts but when you get in the rhythm of it it's easy and looks great.

whothefuckhas5children Sun 14-Feb-16 21:24:33

This designer has amazing wall hanging designs.

www.jellina-creations.nl/blog/brain-teaser-blanket-patroon

www.jellina-creations.nl/blog/werkbeschrijving-gwynith

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now