£10 to spend on wool-what would you buy?

(7 Posts)
PurpleDaisies Thu 28-Jan-16 23:19:10

Inspired by a thread on chat where lots of posters said they'd spend a gift of £10 on wool...

You've got £10 to spend on wool. What would you buy and what would you make with it?

I'd buy some beautiful sirdar tiny tots in tweedy teal and oatmeal and use it to make Audrey the nanny goat from the Edward's Menagerie book.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/audrey-the-nanny-goat

SoupDragon Fri 29-Jan-16 08:10:17

I have the Edwards Menargerie book too - maybe I"d buy some of the right wool to make something from that too.

Or a luxurious skein of something soft and snuggly to make a cowl. Something with silk in it.

I daren't go and browse to see exactly what as I will end up buying something. Lots of something.

SleepyForest Fri 29-Jan-16 08:29:32

A couple of balls of King Cole merino Aran makes a very nice warm hat.

Or a some jolly socks.

Helenluvsrob Fri 29-Jan-16 08:37:40

100g of the lovely drops lace

www.woolwarehouse.co.uk/yarn/drops-lace-50g-all-colours

Something lovely and floaty and like a cuddle such as

www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/matter-and-void

PolterGoose Fri 29-Jan-16 08:46:06

A lovely sock yarn. Cascade Heritage Paints is my current favourite, but is possibly a little over budget.

PurpleDaisies Fri 29-Jan-16 09:16:31

Ooh love all these ideas. Now for someone to give me £10...

Icouldbeknitting Fri 29-Jan-16 17:01:46

Five balls of plain black sock yarn (Drops Fabel) is exactly £10 if I could find somewhere with free shipping. I could sit down with the big bag of leftover sock yarn and knit lots and lots of striped socks with black cuffs, toes and heels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now