Where to have my 1965 sewing machine fixed & serviced [Home Counties]

(5 Posts)
acatcalledjohn Mon 28-Dec-15 21:20:32

I have a wonderful 1965 Pinnock sewing machine which is in desperate need of some TLC. It works, but the driving unit emits some sort of dust smoke (it sat in a loft unused for at least two decades from what I can gather), and some of the wiring for the pedal needs to be fixed too (the inner wires are intact). I am in East Berkshire, and so far a sewing shop in Reading (Sew Divine) won't touch it because of the electrics hmm.

Pinnock is an Australian make and the model is Trendsetter Gem.

If anyone has any recommendations of where to go for this, it would be much appreciated.

BlueCowWonders Mon 28-Dec-15 21:34:25

Can you get as far as Luton? There's a shop called Theobalds which is quite unprepossessing but the (elderly) gents are magicians with all sorts of sewing machines. Def worth giving them a ring.

RandomMess Mon 28-Dec-15 21:38:08

Phone the Woking Sewing Machine Centre they may be able to help?

01932 352606

acatcalledjohn Mon 28-Dec-15 23:46:32

Do you mean the old Singer Centre near Weatherspoons? That closed a few months ago sadly. Unless they just closed the shop and are still working from home?

Will bear Luton in mind. I am probably about an hour or just over an hour by car from Luton.

acatcalledjohn Mon 28-Dec-15 23:56:06

Ooh, no, just found that the one named Woking is actually in New Haw.

That's not too bad for me in terms of distance.

Thanks for your suggestions! further suggestions still welcome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now