HELP! Inserting a revealed zip?

(5 Posts)

My DC bought me the Great British Sewing Bee book for Mothers Day. I have made them skirts so far but now I am attempting the girls dress. I have read and re-read the instructions on how to do it but I am stumped.

I've looked on YouTube but I cannot find any reference to this, would it be called anything else? Can anyone help please?

dawntigga Sun 27-Apr-14 08:13:01

is that a zip on the outside of the garment? If it isn't I've never heard of one. If it is, Burda site has good instructions for an exposed zipper

IQuiteLikeZipsTiggaxx

Is it "concealed" rather than "revealed"? If so it's also called an invisible zip.

LocalEditorOxford Sun 27-Apr-14 10:32:31

Have a look for the Colette online tutorials. I think their blog is called the Coletterie. Should show up in Google anyway. Very good, clear instructions. Failing that I have a super book caked The Sewing Book with amazing step by step instructions for everything. It's by Alison Smith and I highly recommend it

It's definitely revealed. I'll go and have a look at the online tutorials suggested, thank you. I'm a bit concerned now looking at the reviews of the book on Amazon, it looks like there are tons of mistakes in the patterns and instructions sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now