What ink do I need to buy for fingerprinting in Wedding guest book?

(13 Posts)
u32ng Thu 01-May-14 06:46:32

This sounds like a fun idea to me. Don't know why some people are so down on it. Pretty sure most adults are grown up enough to not put an inky finger all over themselves especially if you have wipes right there!

Fingerprints is my job so if you want the good stuff try Tetra Scene of Crime or WA Products for ink. They sell wipes too that'll get the ink off no probs smile. Link to ink: Ink. Heres some wipes: Wipes

deepinthewoods Fri 25-Apr-14 18:58:41

Don't get it I'm afraid. sounds fun for 4 year olds on a wet Wednesday, but not for a wedding.

Rocksie Fri 25-Apr-14 18:46:38

Thanks for the replies

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 25-Apr-14 12:31:14

Haha - is this a real thing?

You will have a book full of thumb prints turned into willies, and everyone will have ink all over their clothes grin

MiaowTheCat Fri 25-Apr-14 12:28:56

Plus a doodle book coupled with people getting pissed... aren't you going to get a lot of badly drawn pictures of penises?

MiaowTheCat Fri 25-Apr-14 12:28:20

I don't know where you'd get them - but the only way I'd be doing this factoring in nice clothes, wine, little bridesmaids and lack of artistic talent making some look shite would be with the inkless wipe kits you can get from the fingerprint jewellery places. They're kind of special paper plus special wipe and then the print comes up like those polaroid photos used to.

WTFlike Fri 25-Apr-14 11:14:22

Are you arresting them?

starfishmummy Fri 25-Apr-14 11:08:43

Baby wipes get most craft ink pad ink off fingers but try first!! Also provide some tissues so they can dry off after using the wet wipes.

If you want the prints to last forever then you need archival quality inks but are probably limited in colour and fingers may be harder to clean.

siiiiiiiiigh Fri 25-Apr-14 10:36:32

I'm with Chocolate - I'd be looking for the co-ordinating pot of cheek swabs for "provide a DNA sample of our day".

If you really want fingerprint cuteness, you should do it - but, bet folk raise a quietly questioning eyebrow and you land up with rainbow marks on your frock.

A doodle book?

ChocolateWombat Fri 25-Apr-14 10:28:28

Should have finished by saying, it's your day and of course you must do what you want, not what miseries like me say.
Have a great day.

ChocolateWombat Fri 25-Apr-14 10:25:25

Sounds a bit grim to me to be honest. Who wants inky Fingets when wearing their lovely new expensive dress?
Yes yes to wipes and you need to test the inks and wipes to make sure it 100% comes off very easily. If not, could be cause of lots of aggro...'remember the wedding we went to when I ended up covered in ink...'

mrsdiddlydoo Fri 25-Apr-14 10:22:00

I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but we had a finger print tree at our wedding and we just bought some little ink pads from a local craft shop. I don't know if you have a Hobbycraft near you but they would sell something similar.

Quick search online finds -
www.hobbycraft.co.uk/papercraft/stamping-and-embossing/ink-pads

There's probably something on Ebay too.

We provided wet wipes to clean fingers and made sure a little bin was handy to put them in.

Rocksie Thu 24-Apr-14 21:56:21

I am getting married soon and have seen an alternative to guests signing the wedding guest book. They add their fingerprints using ink pads and then draw on the fingerprints to turn them into characters.

See #9 picture in this link to get a better idea!www.somedaysay.blogspot.co.uk

When I've been searching for ink I didn't realise you could get different types. I need ink that doesn't stain or smudge as don't want guests clothes ruined or my guestbook full of smudged fingerprints smile

Any experts out there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now