Aldi wool shortage

(10 Posts)
woolshortage Wed 23-Apr-14 10:23:17

Can anyone help? My mum is knitting a cardigan with Aldi wool and has run out with only the front bands still to do. It was in store a couple of months ago and they can't track any more down for her.

It is: Kirkton House
Craft Aran Knitting
Shade 2584 – ANEMONE (dark red)
Dye Lot – 994

Does anyone have this or leftover and would be willing to sell it to me plus postage of course?
Thanks for reading!

ouryve Wed 23-Apr-14 10:28:28

They tend to get their yarn in batches, as one off lots. It might also be worth asking on Ravelry - There's a UK classifieds group there
www.ravelry.com/groups/uk-classifieds

ouryve Wed 23-Apr-14 10:33:47

Might be worth checking out - no shade info given
www.ravelry.com/people/hetty24tigger/stash/craft-aran-knitting

storynanny2 Wed 23-Apr-14 10:47:19

If she cant find any this is what I would do to finish it off.
Unpick a couple of rows from the top of each piece, it wont make much difference to the overall size and shape.
Then with the small amount of yarn crochet a loopy pretty edge along the edges where the knitted front bands should have been.

overthebliddyhill Wed 23-Apr-14 11:26:16

I have some but haven't got the ball band to check dye number. I have a toddler jacket to knit from it so should have some left. If your Mum can be patient....5/6 weeks....she is welcome to what's left.

woolshortage Wed 23-Apr-14 11:48:14

Thanks for all your help. Tried the ravelry one but she doesn't have the ballband anymore. There is lots of the same make but all seem to be older than this one I am looking for.

Overthebliddyhill that would be great! Not worried about the dye number as long as it is anenome. No problem waiting for it either. Will you PM me when you're finished and we can swap details. Really grateful for your help.

Thanks all!

overthebliddyhill Wed 23-Apr-14 12:09:48

PM me your address and I will send you a snippet just to check it's the same. Think there was only one red though.

woolshortage Wed 23-Apr-14 12:12:41

I have PMd you!

woolshortage Sun 27-Apr-14 09:49:40

I have PMd you again!

overthebliddyhill Sun 27-Apr-14 12:21:23

I've answered :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now