Cross stitch kit for beginner - any recommendations?

(7 Posts)

I got some in dealz, think uk pound land? Good for a starter (bought for dd1 who's nearly 9) and not too much investment

patchesmcp Thu 24-Apr-14 15:57:18

Sorry for the slow response.

Thank you very much for those suggestions. I'll have a look and see what I like.

BiscuitCrumb Wed 23-Apr-14 07:24:25

As a starter, some of these kits might be good for you. Careful you but a kit through and not a pattern.

chocoshopoholic Tue 22-Apr-14 21:56:02
TheGirlOnTheLanding Tue 22-Apr-14 21:50:30

Depends on your taste but I like some of Cross Stitcher magazines designs. I also like What Delilah Did (mainly one colour designs, and she rates their difficulty) and lots of patterns on Etsy.

NickyEds Tue 22-Apr-14 21:20:25

I'd have a look at some of the magazines (cross stitch Crazy, World of Cross stitch)- they sometimes have free kits to make cards and stuff with them. They make good little first project and you still get the magazine. Also have a look at Michael Powells website- his designs are lovely and I think there are some for bookmarks that aren't too complicated.

patchesmcp Tue 22-Apr-14 21:12:05

I'd like to have a go at cross stitch and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good kits? None of the ones I've seen inspire me. All the ones I like the look of also look far too complicated so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now