We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Where can I find alphabet dies from that will cut fabric?

(9 Posts)
TheCunnyFuntIsGettingMarried Sun 09-Feb-14 17:56:01

And the letters need to be big enough to put on bunting so that you can actually see them. I only seem to be able to find miniscule ones that only cut paper hmm

katcatkat Sun 09-Feb-14 19:04:11

No idea, but ive achived the same effect by printing the letters on the computer in the correct size and font, then pinning them to the paper and cutting them out.

HectorVector Mon 10-Feb-14 09:35:14

What kat said - I iron bondaweb to my fabric an then draw the letters on to the bondaweb and cut out. Then iron fabric and bondaweb onto the bunting and stitch for effect.

TheCunnyFuntIsGettingMarried Mon 10-Feb-14 09:58:43

Yes that's what I've just done on the bunting I made on saturday. I bloody hate cutting out and I'd really rather have a machine do it for me grin

574ejones Mon 10-Feb-14 16:49:30

The Big Shot machine from Sissix has alphabet cutters - it can take up to 5 layers of fabric.

nevergoogle Mon 10-Feb-14 16:51:56

use a rotary cutter and a cutting mat and print off your own template.

TheCunnyFuntIsGettingMarried Mon 10-Feb-14 17:46:28

That's the machine I'd like Jones, but can't seem to find alphabet cutters! Can you link to some please?

WholeLottaRosie Tue 11-Feb-14 15:54:20

Not all dies will cut fabric, even in a Big Shot. I've found it's more about the strength of the die itself rather than the machine because all the machine does is basically put pressure on to the die, or the blade inside the die.

WholeLottaRosie Tue 11-Feb-14 16:08:55

Sizzix 'originals' dies should be okay, or their Bigz/ Bigz XL range, these are the thicker dies that have the blade encased in a black foam.

Cutting Edge Crafts are very good if you want advice on dies, they have a website and a shop (Skegness)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now