We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Newbie to this area

(8 Posts)
YouAreTheWeakestLinkGoodbye Tue 04-Feb-14 18:45:26

I have just realised there is a forum on mumsnet about this, so i thought i could ask here for some ideas. I have recently picked up an interest in art and craft (in the last 6-8 moths or so). I have mainly been doing sewing and cross stitch. My question really is where could I go from here, expanding into other areas(not just sewing), I am looking for beginner projects. smile

I started out making jewellery then moved on to sewing via an evening class. I then added in felting, crochet, dyeing and quilting.

Is there a particular requirement? e.g. I crochet and do hand sewing in front of the tv. Wet felting can be done with the kids.

YouAreTheWeakestLinkGoodbye Tue 04-Feb-14 20:42:52

Thanks craftynclothy, no I have no particular requirements, just want some ideas grin

HectorVector Tue 04-Feb-14 21:22:53

Are you on Pinterest.... You'll find ideas galore on there.

YouAreTheWeakestLinkGoodbye Tue 04-Feb-14 21:40:27

HectorVector, thanks for the idea, do they have beginner ideas too?

HectorVector Tue 04-Feb-14 22:54:56

Yes... Just join Pinterest and search for say... 'Sewing tutorials' 'crochet tutorials' 'quilting tutorials' etc... Add beginner to the search if you're nervous. smile

YouAreTheWeakestLinkGoodbye Wed 05-Feb-14 07:22:09

Thanks everybody, you've been a great help! smile

I also do what HectorVector says using Google. Search for <craft name> tutorial and then click the images button so you can see the items.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now