We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Labels to finish off my handmade things?

(13 Posts)
EastMids2 Mon 27-Jan-14 21:22:34

Would anyone know if there's such a product as pretty "iron on" labels I could use to finish off my handmade bits and pieces? I mean something perhaps with a simple motif and the words Handmade or Homemade by EastMids etc.

I've seen some lovely embroidered labels but (a) they are too expensive to but small amounts like less than 100 and (b) they are sew on and I need iron on.

EastMids2 Mon 27-Jan-14 21:23:54

Too expensive to buy, not "but", sorry!

TheDrugsWorkABitTooWellThanks Mon 27-Jan-14 21:26:02

Look on ebay under nametapes.

There is nothing to say your chosen name cannot be 'handmade by me' on them.

I buy stick on and sew on labels there, far cheaper than Cash's.

TheDrugsWorkABitTooWellThanks Mon 27-Jan-14 21:28:17

Just had a look, and you can get 50 for under £5 delivered.

EastMids2 Mon 27-Jan-14 21:52:06

I've just have a look on ebay, thank you TheDrugs - lots of options - I never really thought about that, under the impression that the "name" part had to be a person's name. Silly really. Off for a better look now smile

queenofthepirates Japan Mon 27-Jan-14 22:01:15
EastMids2 Mon 27-Jan-14 22:17:32

Queenofthepirates - yes, that is pretty,but I'm looking to add MY own details/name and preferably iron on, but thanks anyway.

focuson Tue 28-Jan-14 07:08:54

I use able labels - one purchase will last for ages

http://www.able-labels.co.uk/enhancement-labels.html

BigBirthdayGloom Tue 28-Jan-14 18:35:18

I use cashs tapes but the ones in different colours. They don't work out too expensive. I found them through google.

BigBirthdayGloom Tue 28-Jan-14 18:37:11

The ones I have are called "designer labels"!

BigBirthdayGloom Fri 31-Jan-14 19:58:10

Learnt today that cashs have gone bust! Scrap my advice, then!

I saw that BigBirthday shock the person that told me recommended easy2name instead, they do iron on labels too

CoffeeandLotsofCake Thu 06-Feb-14 22:53:51

wovenlabelsuk amd national weaving are 2 brilliant companies. staff are ever so helpful and lovely quality products

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now