Need inspiration

(7 Posts)
Theas18 Tue 10-Dec-13 18:13:14

Of course you can do colour!

My hero Elizabeth Zimmerman recommends putting all your oddments of the same yarn weight into a basket and just dipping in a knitting a stripe with that colour, then popping it into a 2nd basket and lucky dipping another stripe!

I think the only way a lucky dip striping wouldn't work on a blanket is if you have some odd wacky/fluo colours

I would make a colourful granny square (is that what they are called?0 blanket to have on the sofa to pull over yourself on cold evenings.

mrselgar Tue 10-Dec-13 17:29:43

If you like Attic 24 stuff you can buy packs (style craft I think) of all the colours she uses. Look on her blog. I know they sell them in my local yarn shop.

Hexiegone Tue 10-Dec-13 16:34:46

Have you had a look at Pinterest?

SinisterSal Tue 10-Dec-13 14:39:15

I am - I have already done the granny stripe.

I do love her stuff but i don't have her eye for colour. That's what makes it really

Are you a fan of the attic 24 blog? I've not long started crochet but I want to try her Granny stripe and her ripple blankets.

SinisterSal Tue 10-Dec-13 12:27:45

I am fidgeting and twitching because I have a massive stash and no inspiration to do anything with it. I want to crochet but what?

Been combing Ravelry but nothing's quite right.

I'd like something baby, something like what you'd see in an expensive shop, perhaps a vintage vibe but not old fashioned. I like working with lots of different colours but I prefer the finished look of something monochrome or tonal. I know I'm fussy.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now