Need inspiration

(7 Posts)
SinisterSal Tue 10-Dec-13 12:27:45

I am fidgeting and twitching because I have a massive stash and no inspiration to do anything with it. I want to crochet but what?

Been combing Ravelry but nothing's quite right.

I'd like something baby, something like what you'd see in an expensive shop, perhaps a vintage vibe but not old fashioned. I like working with lots of different colours but I prefer the finished look of something monochrome or tonal. I know I'm fussy.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Are you a fan of the attic 24 blog? I've not long started crochet but I want to try her Granny stripe and her ripple blankets.

SinisterSal Tue 10-Dec-13 14:39:15

I am - I have already done the granny stripe.

I do love her stuff but i don't have her eye for colour. That's what makes it really

Hexiegone Tue 10-Dec-13 16:34:46

Have you had a look at Pinterest?

mrselgar Tue 10-Dec-13 17:29:43

If you like Attic 24 stuff you can buy packs (style craft I think) of all the colours she uses. Look on her blog. I know they sell them in my local yarn shop.

I would make a colourful granny square (is that what they are called?0 blanket to have on the sofa to pull over yourself on cold evenings.

Theas18 Tue 10-Dec-13 18:13:14

Of course you can do colour!

My hero Elizabeth Zimmerman recommends putting all your oddments of the same yarn weight into a basket and just dipping in a knitting a stripe with that colour, then popping it into a 2nd basket and lucky dipping another stripe!

I think the only way a lucky dip striping wouldn't work on a blanket is if you have some odd wacky/fluo colours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now