Recommend me an online supplier

(13 Posts)
VerucaInTheNutRoom Sun 08-Dec-13 10:57:36

I love Plush Addict too. Their service is really good although it is all too easy to spend £40+ so you can get free delivery!

Dontwanttobeyourmonkeywrench Sat 07-Dec-13 19:35:10

Oh, I don't even try to kid myself that I won't spend when I'm on there. fgrin They even stick the packages with "Warning: May cause a fabricgasm" stickers fgrinfgrin

I was on earlier looking at jumbo rick rack and my basket was at £45 before I noticed fblush I haven't checked out yet... going to give myself 24hrs and stern talking to 1st! fgrin

RavenRose Sat 07-Dec-13 14:53:02

Dontwant

Thank you for that link. They have some lovely stuff which I really don't need (but know full well will buy) grin

Dontwanttobeyourmonkeywrench Sat 07-Dec-13 10:41:49
Dontwanttobeyourmonkeywrench Sat 07-Dec-13 10:17:34

Try Plush Addict. I buy my fabric and binding from them and the quality is good. They deliver quickly and are easy to contact (and answer emails quickly too!).

NomDeClavier Sat 07-Dec-13 10:09:32

I need to make 15m worth and I am very, very slow with the folding and ironing method. A little gadget that does it sounds fab. I don't have a rotary cutter either <adds to Christmas list>

I shall check out myfabrics and if they don't have anything I shall invest in a bias binding tool.

NomDeClavier Sat 07-Dec-13 10:06:34

I need to make 15m worth and I am very, very slow with the folding and ironing method. A little gadget that does it sounds fab. I don't have a rotary cutter either <adds to Christmas list>

I shall check out myfabrics and if they don't have anything I shall invest in a bias binding tool.

RavenRose Sat 07-Dec-13 08:00:39

Also agree on making your own. The bias makers are easy to use. I find it easier to use a rotary cutter when cutting the fabric strips.

Myfabrics.co.uk has a good range. They are also good for fabric. I've used them a lot and not been disappointed.

Livinginlimbo2 Fri 06-Dec-13 10:35:24

I've got one. Cut the fabric on the bias and feed it through the little device, ironing the binding as you go. Fab results too.

Dutchoma Fri 06-Dec-13 09:48:59

I've never used a tool for making bias binding, it's easy enough to do. I'm sure you will find an online guide to doing it, or it may be on the pattern of the thing you are making.

Livinginlimbo2 Fri 06-Dec-13 09:17:23

oopsie , it was to suggest buying a bias binding tool so you can make your own.

Livinginlimbo2 Fri 06-Dec-13 09:15:58

I'm a bit dubious about buying stuff like that on line as I've had some pretty poor quality stuff. Have you tried the local market? Bias binding isn't fab quality wherever you buy it. Why not buy one of these and make you own?http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BIAS-BINDING-TAPE-MAKER-FOR-SEWING-QUILTING-AND-BINDING-6MM-12MM-25MM-/00/s/ODc0WDkyMQ==/z/jbUAAOxyMbFST9yp/$T2eC16ZHJHEFFmJc0Q8cBST9yoi!og~~60_35.JPG

NomDeClavier Thu 05-Dec-13 19:29:08

Where has a good selection of good quality bias bindings at a not too extortionate price? Local shop has nowt, or rather has nasty tape, and I've seen prett designs on eBay but I'm not convinced about the quality as a general rule.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now