Where do you buy your arts and crafts supplies?

(10 Posts)
whatsagoodusername Thu 05-Dec-13 09:55:28

DC1 has his first arts and crafts project to do at home - making a card for a Christmas card competition at nursery.

I have no arts and crafts supplies. I have no idea where to buy them.

I was quite crafty as a child, so I would really enjoy doing this with the DC, but I grew up in the US and haven't done any crafts really since moving to the UK. I'd know exactly where to go in the US, but the only "arts and crafts" shop I've been to here was a rather posh art shop for serious artists - not the sort of thing you'd get for kids' crafts!

So where do you buy your supplies? I'd like an actual shop (I like crafts shops) but in reality do most of my shopping online anyway, so online shops are also welcome!

LifeofPo Thu 05-Dec-13 09:58:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadeOfStarDust Thu 05-Dec-13 10:00:07

HobbyCraft....... but I do get staff discount! smile

LifeofPo Thu 05-Dec-13 10:05:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheMagicToyshop Thu 05-Dec-13 10:05:29

I saw a big kids craft kit for under a tenner in pound stretcher the other day with all sorts of bits and pieces, it included plain cards and envelopes and glue too. Something like that might be good to get started if you haven't got anything yet, I've seen similar in wh smith although probably more pricey.

roguepixie Thu 05-Dec-13 11:58:08

Hobbycraft is good. I used to use ELC, when DS was young.

John Lewis have a fair selection of craft bits but can be expensive, as do WH Smith.

whatsagoodusername Mon 09-Dec-13 21:22:24

Thanks everybody! There seems to be a Hobbycraft near me, so I will check it out.

GemmaTeller Mon 09-Dec-13 22:23:54

Hobbycraft
The Range
The Works
Poundland
Tesco
Asda

ShreddedHoops Mon 09-Dec-13 22:26:36

Wilkinsons have some fab and very cheap stuff.

jackoff Mon 09-Dec-13 22:29:02

Local scrapstore. Free membership, £6 for huge bag of help yourself bits. They also have a shop section in the corner for pva/clay/paintbrushes etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now