Kemps lucky dip

(7 Posts)
Purlesque Fri 29-Nov-13 16:22:07

Has anyone ordered these?
There were 2 options, £5 for 500g or £6 for 500g of same colours and weight.
Did you get a good bundle?
Postage is expensive.

MrsOsbourne Fri 29-Nov-13 16:36:46

I haven't ordered any but on Ravelry there is a Kemps group and one of the conversations was about previous lucky dips - some people got nice stuff but many were upset that the "Wool" was acrylic .
Kemps call all their yarn whether Acrylic/cotton/wool "Wool".

What are you thinking of making ?

Purlesque Sat 30-Nov-13 13:36:50

Um, I don't know yet but I'm thinking along the lines of hat and gloves.
I ordered some and I got 500g of purple king cole bamboo, it's lovely, but not really for gloves I don't think.
My friend is having a baby girl so I'll do some matching stuff, it's a nice shade.

MiaowTheCat Sun 01-Dec-13 09:06:06

I'm just shocked they've made it as far as the internet! Well if it's any help - my mother lives in the bloody shop half of the time and seems to love it, and she's a right "thrifty" shopper when it comes to yarn (for thrifty translate "I'm not bloody paying THAT for a ball"). Therefore probably half of my kids' wardrobe is from the Kemps clearance pile over the years.

Purlesque Sun 01-Dec-13 10:49:42

I paid £6 and £4 p&p but these balls go for £4 per ball so I made a bit of a saving. I wish I'd got more to make the postage more worthwhile.
I'm quite please!

tweetytwat Sun 01-Dec-13 10:51:56

So did you get 500g of the same yarn, just what yarn you get is a mystery? I looked at the website yesterday but wasn't sure if you'd get a ball of Robin, 2 balls of Bonus etc just all in the same colour.

I've still got loads of that Ethical Twist they had ages ago blush

Purlesque Sun 01-Dec-13 18:57:12

Yes it's all king cole bamboo cotton, same colour and weight.
It wasn't that clear on the website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now