We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

New Overlocker

(3 Posts)
Solo Sat 30-Nov-13 01:05:48

Ooh thanks rowingboat.
Right now, all I can tell you is that it's a Singer and I haven't got to open it yet. I was just hoping to get some threads so that I'm ready to go with it when I have the opportunity and didn't realise it could be so extensive!!

rowingboat Fri 29-Nov-13 23:11:53

I haven't used mine for ages, but used to buy quie a lot from empress mills who are online.
You can use the cones for all needles or put the fluffy, filament thread on the loopers which I think make the blanket type stitch nearest the skin. It is the type used on underwear and swimwear. The feel is more gentle on the skin. I think in the us it is called woolly nylon, but here it is called 80s bulk.
That's all I can remember really and even that is a bit vague. Which over locker do you have and how are the instructions?

Solo Fri 29-Nov-13 15:14:38

I have for Christmas got an overlocker <excited!!>.
Never used one before so I'm wondering what type of thread is the best and least expensive to buy and from where? so, if you have experience of this please advise me!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now