Where can I buy felt?

(13 Posts)
TicTacZebra Thu 21-Nov-13 14:09:33

I'm going to try and make my 2 DC a stocking for christmas. I can't find anywhere that sells both large felt sheets and a multi pack of different colour felt squares. (for decoration)

Amazon does both but they are all counted as 'add on' items so it won't let me buy them unless I buy £10 of amazon stuff IYKWIM?

I don't have too much money to do this, so I want to buy all the felt from the same shop so that I don't end up paying loads for delivery. I live in the middle of no where so I don't much opportunity to go to shops.

Any ideas?

stealthsquiggle Thu 21-Nov-13 14:14:16

I know this listing is for felt by the metre, but if you read down it says they have squares as well in their ebay shop.

shimmeringinthesun Thu 21-Nov-13 14:20:50

Look at :

www.fredaldous.co.uk

They're brilliant, nothing's too much trouble, and yes, they do large sheets of felt!

They're based in Manchester and have a shop there too which anyone is welcome to visit.

I've used them lots, and can recommend them smile

PeterParkerSays Thu 21-Nov-13 14:21:53

Dunelm also have felt, so it might be worth looking there

TicTacZebra Thu 21-Nov-13 14:23:34

Thank you! I'm going to have a look at all these now. This is the first thing i've ever attempted to make so I didn't know where to look.

stealthsquiggle Thu 21-Nov-13 14:32:14

shimmering I might just add that whole shop to my Christmas wishlist...

shimmeringinthesun Thu 21-Nov-13 14:43:45

Stealth just make sure you have a brew and cake by your side when you do........ it could take you some time to peruse it all wink

stealthsquiggle Thu 21-Nov-13 14:50:45

I may spread the load a little by adding some of it to the DC's wishlists so that I can play with it grin

shimmeringinthesun Thu 21-Nov-13 15:05:01

grin

Have you tried the little fabric bazaar on FB - she will do any size measurements and doesn't charge extra so if you need half or quarter a metre then that is the price she charges - amazing really! And she has the white fur for the top.

Plus she's lovely and really helpful (and I'm not on commission before you ask!).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Little-Fabric-Bazaar

Kefybaby Sat 23-Nov-13 16:58:17

Tiger have some A4 felt sheets, if they are not too small for you.

fossil971 Sat 23-Nov-13 22:52:08

Anything on Paper and String? IIRC it was a mumsnetter originally recommended them to me, lovely to deal with.

TicTacZebra Thu 28-Nov-13 09:35:46

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went with stealthquiggles suggestion in the end. They were very cheap too. I have only just seen the last few replies but I'll keep them in mind when I need more felt. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now