What are we all crafting for Christmas.

(19 Posts)
Lonecatwithkitten Sun 17-Nov-13 08:56:28

My main crafting is crochet. I am making snowflakes and baubles as tree decorations, holly based table decorations and then garlands of stars. I have to admit that it is some what taking over my life as I am selling them to friends to raise money for charity in memory of a friend who was an avid crochet fan.
What are you all making?

awaywego1 Sun 17-Nov-13 09:55:55

Am just learning to crochet-am making some hats scarfs and wrist warmers-am going to attempt a snowflake today grin

MinniesMate Sun 17-Nov-13 10:07:27

I'm making felt decorations for the Christmas tree - in the vain hope of saving the glass baubles from the attentions of 16 month old DGS!

Made a Christmas doorstop, snowman decorated quilt for baby and a 12 days of Christmas wall hanging.

Just finishing some Christmas tree themed wall decorations and debating making some table mats for Christmas dinner - got some nice fabric and insulated wadding, so no excuse not to do it.

Got a bean bag chair to make for the baby and some other cushions to finish! Oh, forgot, I've a jumper to finish.

Plus I'm at the Knit and Stitch show next week and will come with armfuls of more stuff that I just have to do for Christmas!

Am making little bird house tree decs, so sweet. Can also use basic template to do a gingerbread house. Crochet snowflakes and stars going here too, also crochet angel for tree topper, Felt decs with cross stitch reindeer

For gifts, am making fingerless gloves, hats, scarves, dishcloths and soap, amigurumi Harry potter figures,

Did a Creative Christmas workshop yesterday with my quilt group and made a garland of little snow men. I'd like to make one with angels as well but don't know if I will get the chance.

Not sure what else at the moment. I am really posting to mark my place to see if anybody else has some bright ideas. [grins]

RavenRose Sun 17-Nov-13 20:27:10

I'm planning to get the embroidery machine out. I've downloaded lots of different lace snowflakes and plan to make a load and string them together to decorate the windows. It should look like a lace blizzard when done!

That's if I get the time before Christmas! I've had some of designs for 2 years but hopefully this year I will get to do it!

killpeppa Sun 17-Nov-13 20:34:44

a HUGE crochet blanket for my new house.
I move in 2 weeks so fingers crossed it will be finished by then to snuggle up with beside my new firesmile

abbathehorse Sun 17-Nov-13 22:19:04

I am churning out crochet snowflakes to hang in the window. I have 17 so far. it'll be interesting to see how many I can finish before DD learns to walk

I have a knitted scarf to finish, a crochet toddler blanket and a knitted baby blanket. Plus some crochet kids wrist warmers. If I can get all that done, I might try and knock out some knitted kids beanies to match the wrist warmers.

Purlesque Mon 18-Nov-13 16:04:28

I have made a cable hat, 3 cowls, 2 stuffed pot Pourie hearts and a mug cozy...... So far!!

Purlesque Mon 18-Nov-13 16:05:10

Sorry,knitted.

Ive made some sparkly Christmas bracelets for gifts and some sequin Christmas pudding baubles

A quilt each for DD1 & DD2 - dd1's is finished, dd2's just needs binding
A crocheted wreath for my aunty - finished
Advent calendars - done
I've started a Xmas quilt but there's no way I'll get it quilted in time for Xmas this year blush
Then my mum mentioned my other aunty is hoping I've crocheted her a blanket for Xmas so I've started on that. It needs to be finished before the end of November though so it's started making me a bit stressed sad

MinniesMate Mon 18-Nov-13 19:46:03

This thread is making me think I must learn to crochet.

Love the sound of the crochet snowflakes!

Perhaps next year wink

awaywego1 Mon 18-Nov-13 22:57:39

Loving all the Christmas crafting grin Does anyone have any links to any easyish crochet Christmas things? I've made a few snowflakes tonight but would like to try something else. Thanks

TicTacZebra Tue 19-Nov-13 08:39:53

These all sound lovely. I wish I was good at crafty things. I'm attempting to make my 2 DC a sticking each. I'd love to make a garland. Are they hard to do?

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 19-Nov-13 09:09:03

The current issue of Simply crochet has a whole host of lovely simple Christmas things to make and the Attic 24 website also has lovely things on it to make with lots of pictures showing you ow to make them.

3bunnies Tue 19-Nov-13 09:10:56

I've made some angry birds/ bad piggies hand warmers (well nearly finished), a couple of grinches, going to make some hoodie towels too for the dc. Plus some angel decorations for the teachers.

Kveta Wed 20-Nov-13 20:06:26

I am PLANNING a load of crochet christmas tree decorations (as in decorations in the shape of trees), and some novelty hats, but as my children are conspiring to prevent me from ever having a minute of peace, it isn't happening angry

(seriously, got DS to bed, got DD to bed, and she was up 3 minutes later and refuses to settle back down, and I am typing this one handed whilst ignoring her chewing on my hair, after she unravelled one of the hats I was trying to make. I am Not Amused)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now