Sewing for Barbie

(13 Posts)
PurpleFrog Tue 10-Dec-13 15:55:04

grin Can see it now! Looks good!

blush should work now - thanks for letting me know PurpleFrog

PurpleFrog Sat 07-Dec-13 20:46:17

Is the photo on your profile? If so, your profile isn't public so we can't see it!

Have uploaded a photo if anyone would like to see!

First ballgown is underway ... using up some scraps (before I go mad indulging inner fashionistas/bling merchants). Thanks for the links!

StillSmallVoiceOfQualms Sun 17-Nov-13 17:58:54

Lots of ideas here too: www.missbcouture.com/

574ejones Sat 16-Nov-13 08:24:28

Craftiness is not Optional has loads of Barbie clothes tutorials on her blog which are free to use.

Thanks for the tip about free patterns - might inspire DS1 to learn to sew so he can indulge his inner fashionista!

LatteLady Fri 15-Nov-13 10:31:54

And if you get bored with the sewing, there are a couple of Nicky Epstein books on knitting for Barbie.

scurryfunge Thu 14-Nov-13 23:53:17

I spent most of last year making Barbie clothes for my niece - there are plenty of tutorials on the web. I didn't use patterns as such but followed measurements given on the tutorials.

MinesAPintOfTea Thu 14-Nov-13 23:47:51

You seem to be able to download and print Barbie patterns, so I'd try one of them (loads turned up on a basic google search so didn't know what type too link)

fossil971 Thu 14-Nov-13 23:31:33

I made a lot of dolls clothes when I (and later my nieces) was young - I had 2 or 3 patterns of Sindy /Barbie type clothes and got a lot of use out of them. I am not really an improviser though.

Not too fiddly as you can always hand sew the very tiny bits, and the patterns are set out so you can do a lot on a machine.

I'd go for it, you can get such lovely fabrics in quarters now. I remember making my niece a pink ballgown for her Barbie and a stole lined with gold lame. Indulge your inner fashionista!

Has anyone made clothes for Barbie or similar sized doll? Did you use patterns? And how much of a fiddle was it? I suppose the question is should I buy a pattern and try and make things, or get a couple off outfits off ebay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now