We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Crochet colour combinations

(8 Posts)
IDugUpADiamond Thu 14-Nov-13 15:24:42

I often see photos of granny squares with colour combinations I wouldn't have never thought of, yet think that look amazing. Apart from pinterest, is there a website with offerings of different colour combinations to recreate?

There is always the roll the dice option. assign a number to one of six colours, roll the dice, crochet accordingly. grin

Or look for a colour wheel to give you shade and tone options. I think I read you can mix warm and cold tones but you need to have more cold to create the right balance as the warms could be too overpowering.

IDugUpADiamond Thu 14-Nov-13 15:48:43

I'm afraid that involves too much decision on my part and I'd be second guessing myself all the time!!grin

aerynsun Thu 14-Nov-13 17:37:12

Google "colour inspiration" then choose the images link or do the same search on Pinterest. There's loads of ideas, and often useful colour palettes

whatdoesittake48 Fri 15-Nov-13 15:14:52

I find that almost any combination of colours work well together as long as you have one main colour - this might be black or white as the final round on the granny square and the joining row. or you could make all the centres in the same colour and edge it in that colour too.

I use all my old wool for granny squares, so they are all different colours, but use black to join them - it really works.

MiaowTheCat Sun 17-Nov-13 16:44:45

I just bung any colours together randomly!

grabaspoon Sun 17-Nov-13 16:46:11

I found this on Pintrest a while back and love it.

besweetproducts.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/colorchart_mixed_bags.jpg

killpeppa Sun 17-Nov-13 16:59:39

im using a dark cream/lught stone colour with a mauve colour. Its delicious grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now