We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Stylecraft DK jaffa alternative?

(4 Posts)
IDugUpADiamond Tue 12-Nov-13 17:58:21

I have one of the Stylecraft DK packs which comes with Saffron, which is lovely but more yellow than orange; I would like to add orange when I crochet my Attic24 blanket but the Stylecraft DK offering is ghastly(Jaffa it is called). I was wondering if any of you might know a decent acrylic DK in a nice shade of orange that can be mixed with the rest of the Stylecraft colours without looking out of place?

Try the James C Brett top value DK. it knits up nice and has about 30 colours. I've seen it on Deramores.

I have used a more rust-coloured orange from the Stylecraft range - I am using it with a number of other stylecraft colours, and it looks fine. I am not sure what colours are in the pack - but I am using cerise, purple, teal, turquoise, a deep sunny yellow and lime green. I hope that helps.

SoupDragon Wed 13-Nov-13 16:40:11

The rust one must be Copper I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now