Knitted Something for a 3yo's birthday

(5 Posts)

I need something relatively small to knit for my charge, she's 3 this week. Currently loves pirates, crocodiles, Princesses, slaying dragons, dinosaurs and most things a 3yo likes really!

She's getting a bright pink T-rex from me for Christmas so that's out, unless I do her another dinosaur for her birthday but that might be a bit much? I did think of doing an eye patch but it doesn't seem like much? There was a gorgeous pirate teddy bear pattern I found but it's crochet, and I just cannot do it, I keep trying, doing something, then failing next time I pick up a hook sad

Any ideas? I keep trawling ravelry but not coming up with anything, but equally I'm sticking to pirate and dinosaur themed things.

PeterParkerSays Mon 11-Nov-13 11:42:46

How about knitting her a little bag? this sort of thing but with a cord added, or this if you are happy to pay for the pattern

Fantastic idea, thank you! She has just got a new school bag for nursery but isn't allowed to use it at home because she'll hide it so a bag would be a brilliant idea smile

Theas18 Mon 11-Nov-13 13:54:44

Knitted crown hat? tHere must be some on rav

YES. That's it! You've just reminded me that there is a Max hat and crown by TOKs hanging about on Rav that I've been dying to do since she dressed as Max last year for Halloween grin Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now