Prize rosettes

(5 Posts)
Sokmonsta Sun 20-Oct-13 21:03:01

Someone please tell me there is an easy way to make rosettes. I have a load of ribbon but every which way I try, they are not looking good and I need 20 for the end of this week.

Is it going to be easier to make them out of craft card or will they look rubbish? They're for 5-7 year olds.

Would this YouTube video help? It looks fairly straightforward. I find that working with ribbon usually requires me to have at least six pairs of hands grin

yeghoulsandlittledevils Sun 20-Oct-13 21:23:49

If you make discs of card, staple the ribbon to it in neat pleats. You can make just one round, or if you have either wider ribbon or a larger disc you might be able to make another round behind the first. Then, have a smarter disks of card with what the award is for written on it to put on the front and the back, fix in place with double sided tape.

LoveSewingBee Mon 21-Oct-13 21:00:35

As yeg explained an easy way is to staple the ribbon in neat pleats on a cardboard disc. Also attach two or three longer ribbons. Cover another slightly larger cardboard disc in matching or contrasting fabric and superglue to first disc.

I make rozettes by sewing each pleat which I then sew to a fabric covered disc.

It is do-able, best to start asap and simply keep trying - the key is trying to get the pleats of very similar size. Once you've got the hang of that then you are almost there. Still, 20 rozettes will take a bit of time ...

Sokmonsta Tue 22-Oct-13 11:48:56

Thank you lovely ladies. I enlisted the hands of dh to crack on with them so almost done! I am finding a much easier way next time. My craft perfectionism has truly gotten in the way of this project.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now