Would anybody be interested in a crafty swap?

(126 Posts)

I'm thinking of something similar to a square exchange, but with any crafts? Like Xmas decs or jewellery or smellies or toys? I think it'd be lovely to send things out and in turn receive something lovely.

I posted a month ago today... Really thinking it has got lost. I might talk to angels to see who is still missing things etc.
I would definitely like to do another swap in the new year. I really enjoy waiting for a surprise in the post like a kid grin

JustCallMeBaldrick Thu 05-Dec-13 03:13:34

Glad you like the jewellery Woolybackswife smile

Mckayz Thu 05-Dec-13 06:01:30

I sent mine last week and I sent something else the same day which arrived. I'm hoping the person I'm sending too just hasn't had time to come and post.

It is fabulous Baldrick

I've just moved house. If I ever find anything a camera I'll post a picture on the other thread grin

AngelsLieToKeepControl Thu 05-Dec-13 16:22:07

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around, I'm having one bloody disaster after another at the minute.

Can everyone who hasn't received their swap PM me please so I can chase it up for you.

Glad so many of the swaps have worked out, I'm just about to mooch at the picture thread grin

Yay! Angels is on top of things smile

whatdoesittake48 Mon 09-Dec-13 11:07:32

hey Mckayz - glad you liked the coasters!

AngelsLieToKeepControl Mon 09-Dec-13 15:54:56

Can anyone else who hasn't received their swaps please PM me.

Anyone who hasn't or can't post theirs or who has posted in the last couple of days can you also PM me please.

whatdoesittake48 Fri 20-Dec-13 10:52:17

Oh dear - still nothing for me. Angels kindly offered to send me something instead. this isn't necessary, but it was a very kind offer.

I think we should all thank her and the other organisers for their hard work!

Christmas is all about the giving - not the receiving, but I was still looking forward to seeing what crafty Christmas gift I would get. I suppose there are still a few post days left....

JustCallMeBaldrick Sat 21-Dec-13 06:59:43

I think mine's arrived! I've got a mystery parcel from Switzerland, but as it's wrapped in Xmas paper my mean family won't let me open it until the 25th sad

JustCallMeBaldrick Wed 25-Dec-13 21:17:55

I opened it today! Thank you for my fantastic apron and the yummy Swiss chocolate smile

With absolutely no excuses at all, I am so very sorry to my recipient. I made your gift but it didn't survive the making process and I had to remake it which (for my craft) is time-intensive. I finished on Sunday and posted on Monday next day guaranteed before 1pm and tracked it all day on Tuesday praying it would arrive which I know it didn't.

I've just tracked it again and delivery was attempted today so it is with your local post office. Angels has the tracking number if you need it - please accept my profuse apologies, know that your gift was made with much love and I hope you like it even if it is so very late.

Hi, is there anyone left who didn't get a swap? I sent something in november(!!) and don't know if it's arrived?

focuson Wed 01-Jan-14 09:52:25

Hi I have not but been in touch with angels.. Will do swap thing again mind you. Had lovely day yesterday rearranging my sewing corner as got a lovely wooden chest from my best friend for all my fabric... And very large chest completely full!! Today planning my commission for 8 chair cushion pads and pottering in my corner if boys will allow.. Happy new year everyone

focuson Wed 01-Jan-14 09:58:07

Oh and posted pics of corner in arts and crafts pics as very proud at how neat it all lookssmile

Oh focuson maybe you were due to recieve from me? I shall pm you?

Focuson - I would love to send you something if you'd like to send me your address? I was so delighted with the present you made for me x

focuson Thu 02-Jan-14 20:33:00

Oh no blotted .. Have been in touch with angels but thank you so much for offer. I am however curious as to each other's crafts will pm you x

Kveta Tue 07-Jan-14 14:08:15

nothing here, but never mind smile I know my butterflies winged their way up north, so am happy they made it safely!

Mckayz Thu 09-Jan-14 09:35:12

I have no idea if mine arrived sad I hope it did.

whatdoesittake48 Thu 09-Jan-14 13:00:01

I never received mine...could have been the dreaded Royal Mail. I don't know who was supposed to have sent mine - but I am in Basingstoke, if that helps anyone work out if theirs might have been lost in the post.

Such a shame some of the swaps didn't turn up, I know I posted mine 2 months ago but don't know if my swappee has got it.
Are people interested in another swap?

focuson Sun 12-Jan-14 18:45:25

I am very puzzeled as to number not turning up as well as lack of feedback and thanks on site. If my one ever turned up would be delighted in showing it of and saying thank you.

Mckayz Sun 12-Jan-14 20:16:33

Focus, that's another problem. I think some people have never posted here so they might have received but we don't know about it.

whatdoesittake48 Tue 14-Jan-14 14:34:42

I would still be keen on another swap - it is all in the anticipation anyway! Plus i always have little projects on the go which have no home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now