We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Would anybody be interested in a crafty swap?

(126 Posts)

I'm thinking of something similar to a square exchange, but with any crafts? Like Xmas decs or jewellery or smellies or toys? I think it'd be lovely to send things out and in turn receive something lovely.

AngelsLieToKeepControl Fri 01-Nov-13 10:45:14

Lots and lots of names in for this, and lots of lovely gifts in too.

I'll be sorting it out over the weekend and hopefully PM everyone on Monday/Tuesday.

Looking forward sending my little crafty present out grin

Another thanks to Pig for coming up with the idea.

I'm actually really excited about this now grin And so glad that angels is organising it for me!wink
I think it's going to be fab when people start opening up parcels and posting what they've gotgrin

AngelsLieToKeepControl Fri 01-Nov-13 23:33:48

Maybe you could start a thread in Have You Seen This in a couple of weeks pig and we could all post pics? if I can figure out how to post pics

I might just do that If I could figure out how to do pics too

ScoutJemAndBoooooooooooo Sat 02-Nov-13 10:21:39

I am a papercrafter and would live to take part - I love wooden gifts, if anyone thinks we are a match please get in touch.

ScoutJemAndBoo Mon 04-Nov-13 19:11:38

When do we have to post our swaps by?

Exciting! Are we directly swapping with our partner, or am I sending something to person a but receiving from person y? smile

AngelsLieToKeepControl Wed 06-Nov-13 17:38:44

I'm hoping all the parcels will arrive by the start of dec at the very latest, so in the next couple of weeks for posting would be fantastic.

We are all giving and receiving from different people and (if I worked it out right) nobody will get a gift with the same thing they craft.

I can't wait until everyone receives their parcels now grin

ScoutJemAndBoo Wed 06-Nov-13 19:41:54

Wonderful, I have. Few days off work at the end of the month, will sort it out then, if not before.

Mckayz Fri 08-Nov-13 11:32:21

I got mine yesterday!! Had to wrestle it out of DDs mitts though. Can't wait to open it!!

Need to get cracking on mine!

Someone was quick off the mark!!

HorsesDogsNails Tue 12-Nov-13 21:48:56

I posted mine today and coincidentally I had a package arrive in the post when I got inform work.....

It is jewellery from Helen Hicks Jewellery - 2 boxes, beautifully tied with ribbon, a multi-coloured bead bracelet in one and a pair of silver earrings with a pale green bead in the other! Absolutely beautiful, thank you so much.

I don't know your mn name to message you personally, but thank you thanks

Focuson - I got your package today, spent a solid five minutes wondering who on earth Firstname Focuson was before I realised. You are AMAZING! I love love love my cushion. My daughter has already nicked it but it is definitely coming back to me when she falls asleep ;)

focuson Wed 13-Nov-13 20:21:57

Blotted so glad you like it I was strangely nervous that you would not like it but loved making it for you.. Definitely get it back from your daughter ASAP!

I posted mine today. The post office lady had me fill in a form that she stuck on the package so I hope that doesn't ruin it for my swap smile

Kveta Thu 14-Nov-13 23:09:55

Aaah, I need to finish and post mine off soon! Sorry not to have managed it so far, hopefully over the weekend!

whatdoesittake48 Fri 15-Nov-13 15:11:35

I am still waiting for my parcel - sent mine as soon as I got my name and address. can you tell I am on tenterhooks?

I got my parcel yesterday.

To the MNer who made my beautiful pale green bracelet and earring set - you are so clever. smile It is so lovely and the beautiful beads make it look so delicate. I have just bought a new sea green scarf and look forward to wearing my fabulous new jewellery with it.

Mine will be posted on Thursday.

Kveta Tue 19-Nov-13 10:23:55

mine is finished at last - just need to pack it up and post it now!

Mine is going into the post today. [excited]

I managed to get mine in the post today. I had an unexpected trip to the post office to put through some parcels for work so I posted mine too.

I hope my recipient likes it <worry>

Kveta Tue 19-Nov-13 17:46:36

I managed to post mine too - also worried it won't be what recipient is expecting, but hope it is ok!

carovioletfizz Thu 21-Nov-13 12:33:52

I posted mine today, and received one also! I'm not sure who sent it, but it's beautiful! A lovely crocheted hanging butterfly decoration! My DD(4) POUNCED on it and asked if she could please hang it in her room...I was going to put it in the living room but agreed, so it now looks very pretty hanging in her bedroom. Love it, it's really stunning, so thank you Secret Santa Mumsnetter! xx

Caro - yours has just arrived through my door, and they are so, so beautiful - thank you very much indeed!! You couldn't have chosen better for me - I love having hearts hanging up around the house all year round, and I collect christmas decorations to hang up too! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I notice we are not too far apart - perhaps you would like to meet up for coffee in town sometime?

carovioletfizz Fri 22-Nov-13 18:48:25

That sounds lovely sdtg and I am so glad you liked your things! Pm me and let's meet! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now