Would anybody be interested in a crafty swap?

(126 Posts)

I'm thinking of something similar to a square exchange, but with any crafts? Like Xmas decs or jewellery or smellies or toys? I think it'd be lovely to send things out and in turn receive something lovely.

AngelsLieToKeepControl Tue 08-Oct-13 17:28:56

There are a fair few names in for this already, and some really lovely gift ideas.

I'll be taking names up until the 1st of November and then get everyone matched up and the PMs sent out.

I had no idea there were so many different crafters on MN.

Bumpy bump! smile

Gatekeeper Thu 10-Oct-13 09:39:26

I'd still love to do this but am unsure about the £5-10 bit; I don't make things to sell- merely as presents for friends and family so not sure what to do now...

I don't make things to sell either gatekeeper, it's just something small to send and recieve. Don't be put off because you haven't costed your crafts smile

Bumping for the weekend grin

If it's not too late ,I would like to join in smile

Not too late at all atomik, great to have more on board. Pm angels for more info? smile

AngelsLieToKeepControl Sun 13-Oct-13 14:20:35

I am getting everyones PMs. I'm having a few internet problems just now so I'm having to use my phone which I can't work so if I don't reply don't worry I'll be able to get back to you in a couple of days (according to Virgin who never lie hmm ) . There are loads of people in the swap now and everyone has really great gifts.

Bump grin

Kveta Wed 16-Oct-13 18:03:54

Ooh, I've been away and forgot about this - must remember to message you angel!

Woolfey Thu 17-Oct-13 16:59:16

ooh I would like to join in, what a lovely idea. Have Pm'd you Angel.

roguepixie Fri 18-Oct-13 08:25:38

Angels - have PM'd you.

I'm on my phone so can't link, but there is a craft fair being organised by pistey for Winston's wish through woolly hugs if people would like to donate an item to that? The thread is on chat smile

plipplops Sat 19-Oct-13 14:29:43

Sounds like a great idea, I'm insmile

I'm in!

lia66 Tue 22-Oct-13 09:30:41

Hi, is it too late to join in?

Not too late at all, the more the merrier grin pm angels to sign up smile

sunnysunnyshine Wed 23-Oct-13 20:05:07

I'd like to join in too please... How do I pm angel? I thought I had to click on your name but can't seem to...

roguepixie Thu 24-Oct-13 10:04:57

sunny - up in the top right hand corner there is a purple tab "My Mumsnet" . Attached, but to the left, is a tab with an envelope. Click on that and you will be able to fill in the details to send Angel a PM. You need to make sure you get the name down correctly though. smile

Sunny, are you using desktop or mobile site or the app?

AngelsLieToKeepControl Thu 24-Oct-13 10:48:01

I PM'd you sunny, just to make life easier. I have been known to report posts rather than PM when I'm on the mobile site grin

sunnysunnyshine Sat 26-Oct-13 11:35:24

Thanks! I'm on my phone...will respond to the mail smile

focuson Thu 31-Oct-13 11:20:56

Hi can I join in... Love ideas like this .. Only problem do not sell stuff rather do sewing and quilting for friend but have an idea in mind .. Will read through post to work out how to pass my details smile

focuson Thu 31-Oct-13 11:21:52

Sorry what I mean is how to do a gift with a £10 value...

AngelsLieToKeepControl Thu 31-Oct-13 11:25:30

Yes you can join. Today is the last day to sign up for it and I'll start sorting the swaps out tomorrow. Just PM me.

I'll be sending PMs out in the next few days everyone. Can't wait grin grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now