Knitter needed please...

(11 Posts)

I need someone to knit DH some of these. Obviously will pay for materials etc

MrsMinkBernardLundy Tue 01-Oct-13 21:46:10

If you could find the pattern somewhere then i would give them a go. there is a tutorial but don't think I am quite up to working it out from that without it taking a very long time.

GemmaTeller Tue 01-Oct-13 22:33:14

this?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/164308935/shark-socks-diy-pattern-knitting-pdf?ref=sr_gallery_20&ga_search_type=all&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_page=1&ga_search_query=shark+sock&ga_ref=related&ga_facet=shark+sock&ga_view_type=gallery

roguepixie Wed 02-Oct-13 10:15:44

Pattern available on Ravelry: look for 'shark-week' by Lisa Grossman in the pattern search.

I would link but it seems to link to my Raverly profile!!

Btw, pattern vvvvvvvvv expensive!!

I found it on Ravalry for $40. hmm

MrsMinkBernardLundy Wed 02-Oct-13 11:33:20

Wow that is expensive! I suppose she is viewing it work ofart. but from demand for the pattern expressed in the comments i would think she would do well enough if it were cheaper.

MrsMinkBernardLundy Wed 02-Oct-13 11:35:13

The etsy one is similar but not quite as nice in the stitch detail. is it a viable alternative.

Definitely a viable alternative. The $40 includes yarn as well I think but was only available for a limited period I think.

MrsMinkBernardLundy Wed 02-Oct-13 12:56:36

$40 including yarn is probably reasonable -ish if it is expensive yarn.
would need to see the etsy one before you could compare costs (of yarn)

The $40 is for the pattern only.

I have been reading the notes from people who have made it - it seems to be a very difficult pattern to make, I suspect people making it are doing so as a major act of love grin

It would take many hours of knitting to make them too - even at NMW the cost would be massive.

Oh well, never mind. Thanks for looking everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now