We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Ch how many for a single bed granny stripe blanket?

(6 Posts)

I went with 201 and am only a few rows in but I think it's going to be about right-perhaps just a little too wide but it can easily be tucked in so that's fine.

whatdoesittake48 Wed 02-Oct-13 06:59:59

it also depends on your yarn and tension. I always do my chain quite loose so that it has some stretch. I suggest just holding the chain over your bed (maybe with some help) and giving it a little stretch to see if it fits.

the finished work will spring back a little - but will be wider than a chain just left to its own devices.This is why you need to stretch it just a little.

That's really helpful-thanks smile

Mhw02 Sun 29-Sep-13 09:45:14

I've just finished one, though mine had the stripes along the length. Pre-border it measured approximately 6 feet by 4 feet, with a five row border, more like 6 1/2 by 4 1/2. (I'm not sure of the exact measurements, as I seemed to get a different answer ever time I tried!)

I started with a chain 300, so I would probably say chain 201 for the stripes to go across the width? Maybe slightly more, say, chain 225 if you want to make sure it can comfortably tuck into the mattress?

Bump for the morning.

Any ideas? We don't have a single bed for me to measure against. It's with acrylic DK a la Attic 24. Multiples of 3 but how many? I'd like the stripes to go across the width of the bed not the length if that makes sense.

Thanks oh crafty gurus smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now