Sewing machine for a beginner

(5 Posts)
QueenOfToast Mon 30-Sep-13 09:32:40

I started sewing about a year ago and I have a basic Janome. It is very easy to use and does everything that I need it to. I have made things like cushions, bags, clothes for people and dolls, cases and covers for ipads and kindles.

Enjoy!

Seabright Sat 28-Sep-13 08:47:51

I have a Lidl one, which is good. And they have the, in store on offer this week I think

smoothieooo Fri 27-Sep-13 22:20:23

IKEA do a basic sewing machine for around £60 - it's pretty good and the instructions are clear

Joycey29 Fri 27-Sep-13 22:18:14

Amazon has an easy sew for £8.95. This will do basic sewing like hemming jeans etc.
Jonelle do a basic model that does just running and zig zag stitch.
Available from John Lewis for around £180.
Hope this helps!

Goodkingwalkingslass Fri 27-Sep-13 22:03:05

Hello,

I'm thinking of asking for a sewing machine for Christmas but I haven't used one since school (getting on for two decades ago!).

Could anyone recommend a good one to get me started please? I anticipate making very basic things to start with but would love to progresss to cuddly toys and crafty things for around the house.

Don't really have a budget as such as will likely ask DM and MIL to contribute a bit along with DH as none of them knows what to get me and have all started asking what I would like :-)

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now