We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

plain fairy lights

(3 Posts)
harleydavison96 Sat 28-Sep-13 17:25:01

The ones with shades like the old petal lights I would deem as for Christmas only as they would look daft any other time of year. I think the shaded lights maybe coming back this Christmas so some retailers have said!

Well, I have the 'berry' type, with a round cover/case thingy (technical term) but that's because they match my very girly tree. My decs are artificial flowers, twigs and feathers. Sounds weird, but looks beautiful! ( well, I think so!) I think it all depends what you do with them. I have white outdoor fairy lights on my laurel bush in the back garden all year round. So I think setting is of importance.

harleydavison96 Fri 20-Sep-13 15:55:33

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but couldn't find the seasonal section as on a blackberry. Regarding plain fairy lights both coloured and clear versions do you find them very festive on there own? A lot of restaurants and establishments use them all year round now and they longer seem special.What fairy lights would you class as christmas lights?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now