Butterfly clip for knitting

(31 Posts)
Dutchoma Sun 08-Sep-13 12:39:32

Several years ago I had about six butterfly clips as a free gift with a magazine, can't remember which one. Bright green, two little prongs on a clip, incredibly handy for sewing up. I'm down to three and can't find a supply anywhere.
Does anybody know what I am talking about and where I could find some more?

SchrodingersHat Mon 09-Sep-13 09:26:11

Something like this ?

I've only used them for sewing not knitting.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Mon 09-Sep-13 10:31:33

sounds a bit like a hair clip, something like this or this?

Dutchoma Mon 09-Sep-13 17:05:55

I've put a few pictures on my profile.

SoupDragon Mon 09-Sep-13 19:53:10

I've not found them for sale but was it these?

SoupDragon Mon 09-Sep-13 20:00:23

How about Knit Klips?

Dutchoma Mon 09-Sep-13 20:17:27

Oh Soupy, yes the first ones. To see them in that packet made my heart miss a beat and brought tears to my eyes. I can't really see what the second lot, the red ones are like, but could give it a go. How very clever of you to find them.

SoupDragon Mon 09-Sep-13 21:30:30

I can't remember what I googled now. What I tend to do though, is look at the image results rather than the list of sites.

From the link, the originals seem to have been with Simply Knitting magazine - maybe they can help?

If you google knit klips you might find a better image for the red ones.

SoupDragon Mon 09-Sep-13 21:31:06

The Knit Klips were available from several sites.

Dutchoma Mon 09-Sep-13 22:26:48

Quite a few American ones, but also one English one.
I have emailed Simply Knitting and had an auto reply back. We shall see what happens.

Dutchoma Tue 10-Sep-13 16:13:33

I had a very quick answer back from Simply Knitting asking what exactly I was talking about.
So I sent them your link, Soupy and got an answer back that basically said:"Wow, never seen anything like that, thanks for telling me. We haven't got anything now, but will run it past the commissioning editor to see if we can do it again."
So not much help for now, but who knows. In the meantime I might well go for the other ones you linked me to, although they don't look quite so good having only one prong by the look of it.

SoupDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 17:59:23

Yes, who knows - you might see them stuck to the cover of Simply Knitting again!

Dutchoma Tue 10-Sep-13 18:15:03

Just tried to order the red clips from Loop in London. They want £4.00 to send the £5.99 clips which cannot weigh a great deal, nor be very bulky. I think they are having a laugh. They want endless details to register me and then tell me that my e.mail address is already in use. I love Loop, I've been there, but they are not the ones wo are going to sell me these clips by post.

Dutchoma Tue 10-Sep-13 18:22:05

And I discovered that my Shaun the Sheep row counter also came from them in 2006.

SoupDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 18:28:08

That's madness! It only costs approx £4 to ship from the US

SoupDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 18:30:32

Maybe ask on a Ravelry group somewhere.

Dutchoma Tue 10-Sep-13 19:45:52

Well, I have replied to their registration e.mail which apparently went through without trouble. I might hear back from them, otherwise I will ask my American friend to order them for me in the states, she pays local postage.
Ravelry is another good plan. It's so useful to have the link you provided, better than the photos I made.

Oma I don't know if it is any use but I googled Simply Knitting and clips and it said that they came free with issue 44. There is a copy of issue 44 currently for sale on eBay. It may be worth messaging the seller to see if the free gift is included in the sale.

Dutchoma Tue 10-Sep-13 20:03:39

Thank you very much WBW, that is just so nice. I have sent a question to the seller and wait with bated breath.

Dutchoma Wed 11-Sep-13 09:45:41

Just had a message back from ebay seller: "Sorry, no clips, only magazine."
Back to square one, but thanks for the tip.

Bugger!

Dutchoma Fri 22-Nov-13 19:33:08

I've been in touch with Loop in Islington and they have them. I've asked them to put three sets away for me till 3rd December when I can pick them up. I know a couple of people who would love them for a little Christmas present.

sOODdragon Fri 22-Nov-13 20:25:53

Yay!

Dutchoma Fri 06-Dec-13 12:36:32

I got them from LOOP in Islington. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately I had not specified that I wanted the 5-clip pack and so they said they hadn't got that in stock but had put the 10 pack by for me. £9.99, so quite a lot of money. Bt twice as useful.

SoupDragon Fri 06-Dec-13 17:32:27

And twice as many in reserve for when you lose some smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now