Argh! Crochet ideas needed please

(16 Posts)
SinisterSal Thu 05-Sep-13 00:16:05

Somehow I have to contribute a load of crocheted items to a charity stall. I must have been pissed when I said yes. well, when I failed to say no, to be accurate.
Any ideas of what to do? i need to do a few items in bulk, but they need to be easy, quick and gorgeous.

no pressure!

Flower brooches
Mug warmers
Washcloths - package with a bar of soap
Phone cases
iPod cases
Bunting
Coin Purses
Pincushions
Christmas decorations

I'm sure there's more grin

SinisterSal Thu 05-Sep-13 01:02:13

oh ty

skoots off to ravelry

LackaDAISYcal Thu 05-Sep-13 01:16:24

Bookmarks are quick and easy for your bulk items, as are crochet flowers that can be attached to bobbles, hairslides or brooch backs. I use a 100% cotton, like patons as it looks sleek and silky, holds it shape and comes is a fabulour range of colours.

Also, yes to washcloths and similarly baby's bibs.

Wrist warmers are good too; fashionable, and easy if you do the simpler ones that are just a tube with a slot for the thumb.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 05-Sep-13 01:18:13

I've also done little bowls in the past which I've then felted to give them a bit more stiffness. Needs more expensive yarn and some time to wash felt though.

Oh, and sets of coasters are quick and easy too.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Thu 05-Sep-13 08:31:52

attic 24 has some lovely quick projects, she's just added some ladybirds which would make good keyrings or pin cushions I think.

SinisterSal Thu 05-Sep-13 09:47:26

Oh that's a great idea about Attic24,

thanks all

Now to get off the damn internet and do them

PeterParkerSays Thu 05-Sep-13 11:13:07

also, look at baby booties / hats / mittens, with winter coming.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 05-Sep-13 13:18:19

oh, yes attic 24 little birdies are cute too...stuffed with some lavender theymnake lovely little gifts smile

ribena71 Sun 15-Sep-13 16:10:22
SoupDragon Sun 15-Sep-13 17:49:39

In a moment of boredom last night I crocheted a scrunchie round one of DDs plain elastic hair ties. One row of DC all round, then 3 TC in each stitch.

looselegs Mon 16-Sep-13 19:38:28

ooh ribena I've made those owls-they are lovely and only take an hour.Great for using up bits of wool!I got the beads for the eyes from Hobbycraft.

MiaowTheCat Tue 17-Sep-13 07:35:23

One of the crochet mags my mum passes onto me had some lovely citrus design drinks coasters that looked quite a quick job. Should be something similar on ravelry or I could scan and email to you if needed?

SleepPleaseSleep Tue 17-Sep-13 10:17:39

Have you heard of amigurami? It's a posh (Japanese) way of saying little crocheted animals. Sounds and looks impressive and are really easy. Should be a book in your local library, or google it - I found this site http://greatamigurumi.blogspot.be/
I'm not fast, not at all, and have 2 young kids, but can still do one in a week. If you have time and speed you could do one in a couple of hours, or not more than 3 I think. Depends on size - choose small ones.

whatdoesittake48 Tue 17-Sep-13 16:05:27

Coasters - I have millions of them all squirrelled away from xmas pressies. ideal for using up old yarn

SinisterSal Tue 17-Sep-13 21:04:02

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I have done a good few of the little birds from attic24 and some wrist warmers.
loads of inspiration for more projects too when I have more time.
The arigu amirig little soft toys are a great idea for Chistmas presents for children

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now