We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Has anyone taken a Craftsy online quilting class?

(7 Posts)

Not done any craftsy classes, but a friend of mine works for Craftsy and her patterns and instructions from her books are always excellent. She does crochet, not quilting.

Tallyra Fri 02-Aug-13 15:58:02

Look at one by Leah Day for a free motion lesson. she makes things very easy to understand, I think.

MinniesMate Fri 02-Aug-13 13:17:34

I looked at loads of the free mini classes first and found them very useful.

That gave me the confidence to buy one in the sale - very good class on simple patchwork and quilting. Love the way you can watch and replay as many times as you want.

Thinking about buying one on beginners free motion machine quilting. I'll wait til the next sale!

TerribleTantrums Wed 31-Jul-13 11:24:40

I took a chance and bought the class. I'm looking forward to watching it. I've also downloaded a few of the free ones, the one about sewing machine feet looks useful.

Tallyra Tue 30-Jul-13 09:51:17

sorry I missed the sale. I have taken a few free ones and found them brilliant. go for it!

TerribleTantrums Sat 27-Jul-13 15:48:20

Bump, the sale is ending in 15 hours.

TerribleTantrums Fri 26-Jul-13 21:19:57

Would you recommend it? They are on sale at the moment, so a class is around $16, about the same price as a good quilting book. I'm thinking about trying this one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now