We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

One hour dress (reprint from 1925). Has anyone made it?

(6 Posts)
marissab Thu 25-Jul-13 19:09:04

Let us know. I am a very newbie sewer so prob too hard for me sad

ZZZenagain Thu 25-Jul-13 15:15:11

I think I'll order one and have a go at one of the more basic dresses. Each booklet explains how to make 17 or 21 dresses which are not all variations of the same dress so I'll have a look and see how it goes. They don't seem to use facings just binding which I haven't done before.Will see how it goes.

CamperWidow Wed 24-Jul-13 11:16:42

They look lovely and would probably be a good starting point of drafting/dress making. I would love to have a go!!

marissab Tue 23-Jul-13 16:55:47

They look gorgeous!

ZZZenagain Tue 23-Jul-13 16:48:06

They are pictured on this website:

cover pages

ZZZenagain Tue 23-Jul-13 16:45:17

Thinking about getting one of these little booklets. There are three - reprints from the 1920s and written by Mary Brooks Picken.

I am wondering how they work out, whether they just look like sacks and if they are difficult. I understand you have to take your measurements and make the pattern yourself. Sounds a bit beyond me but they are basic I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now