I have to buy lots and lots of bright coloured tissue paper...

(12 Posts)
HeadFairy Mon 15-Jul-13 12:00:24

Where's best? I'm going to be making about 50-60 tissue pom poms in bright colours (think Indian type colours, magenta, orange, red). Each pom pom needs about 10 sheets of tissue so really I need approx 200 sheets of each colour.

Can anyone help?

grants1000 Mon 15-Jul-13 12:46:57

Do you know anyone with a Costco or Macro card?

eBay.

AimForTheMoon Mon 15-Jul-13 12:51:01

ebay

I bought some, sorry I can't remember the seller as it was a couple of years ago, but it was great. really bright colours, and a good mix of colours too. I made little pom poms and strung them on a lenght of embroidery thread, they look lovely. My colleage also bought some the same for huge pom poms. I'm sure we only paid around £6 for 100 sheets.

PourquoiPas Mon 15-Jul-13 12:53:17

Pound land has some for (you guessed it!) a pound, very nice colours too.

HeadFairy Mon 15-Jul-13 13:11:07

argh, I'm an idiot....I should have said not ebay, I've only got a few quid in my paypal account and I need to buy it today. Sorry, I should have said that.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I do know someone with a Macro card, but I'm not sure if I'm going to see her any time soon and I do need it pronto.

Pourquois... what size packs are the poundland ones do you know? I need bulk quantities... about 200 sheets of each colour.

You could try The Works. They're usually good for that kind of thing.

wonkylegs Mon 15-Jul-13 13:27:55

Amazon has loads either in mixed packs or individual colours

wonkylegs Mon 15-Jul-13 13:31:44

red
mixture
purple
you get the idea

HeadFairy Mon 15-Jul-13 17:56:17

Do you know, I hadn't even thought of Amazon evil tax dodging bastards that they are, just made a big order, thanks grin

UnicornsPooGlitter Tue 16-Jul-13 16:12:32

HeadFairy, how do you make tissue pompoms?

HeadFairy Thu 18-Jul-13 16:19:38

Unicorns Sorry, only just seen this on TIO... here you go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now