We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Best place for dress patterns?

(4 Posts)
Chocolateteabag Fri 19-Jul-13 23:53:57

Have a look on eBay - sort by price and look for ones under £3 incl postage

Or try local dept store (if you are in the north look for a Boyes) and usually they have offers on Butterick and New Look.

jaycotts online are often cheap too.

roguepixie Thu 11-Jul-13 13:32:19

John Lewis is good (Oxford Street has a good haberdashery dept although not sure where you are).

Online I have bought from www.thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk and www.colettepatterns.com and can recommend both.

peacefuloptimist Thu 11-Jul-13 13:25:49

My mum normally buys dress patterns from john Lewis. I'm not sure if they are the same ones you are talking about though. They can be cheap if you get them on sale, which we did but not sure what the damage will be if you but them full price.

lucysmam Thu 11-Jul-13 10:43:31

I'm getting my machine repaired (finally now I replaced sherring elastic by hand ffs!)....and I want to make myself a couple of dresses.

I used to have a pattern block in my size that could easily be adapted to strappy/strapless/mini/maxi but can't find it anywhere sad

Any idea where I can get a cheap, basic pattern that I can then adapt to what I want it to be?

tia smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now