Okay crafters, I need your help! I want to make a fancy dress costume for my dog.

(4 Posts)
TheCunnyFunt Fri 12-Jul-13 15:10:06

Done it! grin It only took me a couple of hours. It's 90% PVA glue and roughly 9.8% felt, the other 0.1% is staples grin

TheCunnyFunt Thu 11-Jul-13 12:42:51

More this kind of thing, a saddle, but I don't want a cowboy one, or one with a rider already on it. Greyhounds are weirdly shaped compared to most breeds hence the need for a home made creation grin

DrSeuss Thu 11-Jul-13 11:49:50

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brown-Dog-Pet-Puppy-Halloween-HORSE-Costume-Hoodie-Coat-Clothes-Apparel-5-Sz-/161010772457?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item257cfd69e9
Good start?

TheCunnyFunt Thu 11-Jul-13 09:23:37

He's an ex racing greyhound so I had the amazing idea of dressing him up as a racehorse and my 2yo DD as his jockey grin (obviously she won't be riding him!)

I need help to make a saddle and stirrups. I'll probably use felt as it's lightweight and won't bother him much. As a saddle pad/cloth I can just buy him a racing bib and attach the saddle to it. But I don't know where to start with making a saddle! I can't sew but I'm pretty handy with glue grin it shouldn't be too difficult should it?

I've also posted this in chat btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now