We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Where to buy lovely cotton jersey/sweatshirt fabric?

(9 Posts)
Artura Wed 03-Jul-13 20:11:07

Right, I'm dusting off my overlocker and want to have a go at making some of the lovely clothes for children from an Ottobre Design magazine I ordered a few months ago. Just can't find any decent, colourful patterned fabric (like the stuff they show in their magazine). Any suggestions? They also seem to have great edging/ribbing in bright colours.

Have you tried Fabrics Galore in London?

Artura Wed 03-Jul-13 22:24:42

Thanks patchwork, there are a few jersey choices on their website but they seem to be mainly polyester or viscose. Lovely plain cottons though. Anyone found any other good websites? Had a little look tonight and found some jersey options on the eternal maker..

chezchaos Wed 03-Jul-13 22:26:34

Try Dots 'n Stripes or Kitschy Coo

Artura Thu 04-Jul-13 16:04:53

Both those websites are fab! Thanks! Going to do some measuring of children and pattern choosing this evening then out comes the credit card to order some gorgeous fabrics. Went to Abakan today but very little choice there so really pleased with the choices from those sites. Fantastic..

chezchaos Thu 04-Jul-13 21:55:52

smile

lynniep Tue 09-Jul-13 15:51:08

Shops as above, and also www.funkykitsch.co.uk

riffleraffle Mon 22-Jul-13 23:18:20

Try etsy for the actual Ottobre fabric shop. it can be expensive but so lovely!

I have bought from dots stripes in the past, v good service and you can specify actual length rather than quantities of 0.5m.

There are also lots of plain cotton jerseys and ribbing at www.myfabric.co.uk, haven't bought anything from there but always have loads in my basket.

Off to have another look!

GemCheshire Fri 26-Jul-13 20:53:31

Hi Artura

If you've not checked it out before John Lewis have soe gorgeus quality Jersey fabric. I've also never been disappointed with Abakhan smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now