Drawers over here please (not pants)

(8 Posts)
binger Mon 01-Jul-13 08:41:44

My dh loves to draw and is really getting back into it. It's his birthday soon and he would like drawing supplies. Can anyone recommend good quality stuff (preferably online) I can buy for him. I really don't have a clue as I don't draw.

He is sketching with pencils only, no paints.

Thanks

Showtime Tue 02-Jul-13 12:42:53

Don't know what you want to pay for this gift, but simplest would be set of drawing pencils and sketch pad - WH Smith do a set in wood, about 12 I think - a present to me so don't know price. Also, suggest book voucher or similar so he can choose something himself at suitable level.

binger Tue 02-Jul-13 18:16:18

Thanks show time, he has a few books so I wouldn't want to choose one but the pencils sound good. Price isn't really an issue so don't mind on that score. Can you recommend a decent drawing pad, I believe paper type is important.

Lorialet Tue 02-Jul-13 21:09:33

I love to draw and my ideal present would be a Moleskine sketchbook (the Rolls Royce of sketchbooks!) ~ you can get them on eBay for a good price. A box of watercolour pencils (Faber Castell are my faves) and some good quality drawing pens like Sakura. Heaven smile

binger Thu 04-Jul-13 13:00:45

thanks lorialet. will have a look at them, sound perfect.

lolalotta Mon 15-Jul-13 13:19:00

Does he like to use coloured pencils for sketching at all? If so pastille pencils are beautiful to work with. You can buy them in smaller packs than I have linked!!!!

marissab Sun 21-Jul-13 19:28:15

The best colured pencils in my opinion are ferby's. Dunno hpw old he is as these are chunky younger kid style but i use them too as the pigment is superb. And i totally did not aquire some metallic ones from a museum kids craft area . wink

marissab Sun 21-Jul-13 19:29:08

Oops sorry i read as your son not your hubby. Possobly a bit babyish for him blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now