We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

I should have known better than to post in S&B, and have come here first! (jersey for leggings)

(5 Posts)
RenterNomad Thu 20-Jun-13 19:43:01

I've just been mocked for wanting something to suit me hmm, so I've reverted to you more can-do people smile.

BIL's GF is pregnant, so I'm hoping to have a wedding to go to soon. grin I've got rather a flattering beaded linen kaftan top, which is long enough that I need to wear trousers, as I'd just look massive otherwvery well-endowed and still bf). Bootcut jeans do suit me, but obviously aren't for a wedding.

I'd like to find thick jersey fabric to make beaded jersey leggings (beaded bit backed by interlining). Ideally in navy, though other jewel colours wpuld work, or I could try dyeing white ones.

Has anyone any idea of how to find such thick jersey? I'm going for white s structured look, so the bottoms flare nicely from the knee, to flatter.

GemmaTeller Fri 21-Jun-13 10:18:21

have a look on ebay for 4 way stretch jersey.

I think there was another thread recently on here about jersey and a certain ebay shop was mentioned but I can't remember who.

RenterNomad Fri 21-Jun-13 10:22:21

Brilliant. I didn't know what to call it. Ordinary jersey would be a disaster. Thanks!

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Fri 21-Jun-13 12:21:27

stores.ebay.co.uk/In-Fashion-Fabrics/Plain-cotton-spandex-/_i.html?_fsub=3153037015&_sid=770616715&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I have bought from this seller before, it is very good quality.

www.fabricland.co.uk/ can't do a direct link, but it is under the t-shirting section. This is also good as well.

RenterNomad Fri 21-Jun-13 21:58:43

Thanks very much for that, NK346f2849X127d8bca26!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now