Making a scrap book for DD

(5 Posts)

The idea behind using scrapbooking papers and adhesives is that they are acid and lignin free so don't destroy your photographs over time. They do add a lot to the cost of your project, though. The Range is very good for supplies at a much lower cost.

If you have lots of photographs that you know you want to use then I would recommend using one of the photobook sites to experiment with layouts. You can upload your photos and use the software to play around with how things look and to add text. Then when you are happy you can mimic the design with your own scrapbook supplies and your actual photos. It may mean that you don't waste too many photos getting the layout wrong. smile

NotSoNervous Wed 19-Jun-13 18:47:52

Thank you for the advice

I can't believe I didn't think of the range, there's one really close to me so I think ill pop along there tomorrow. I do want it to be quite bright with lots of pictures and things in to look pretty. I want a book that I can add to aswell and hopefully keep it going for a long time smile

Anymore tips please keep them coming

I want to do a scrapbook with pictures from our wedding. I'm a novice as well and hobbycraft is really expensive. I went to The Range and they had a lot of the same stuff as hobbycraft but a lot cheaper. It was really reasonable.
If you have a Boyes near you they often have cheap bits and bobs but the range was brilliant. Got everything for less than the price of a pack of nice paper at hobbycraft shock

I just bought a big brown Paperchase scrapbook and a pritt stick.

I know that some people think there is more to "scrapbooking" than this, but I'm happy with what I've got. If you don't need formal layouts and embellishments for each page before you can get started then you are more likely to just open the thing up and stick something in that will raise a smile at a later date.

So although some of my pages do have funky themes, some are just catch-all pages for tickets for things we did.

Here's a tip if you are a bit overwhelmed by starting - leave the first page blank. Once you're up and running, you'll think of something cool and meaningful that could slot in there, but you don't need to do that now, just turn to page two and stick something in! I went back and filled the first page with my breastfeeding bangle, that I had used to remember which side was next, mounted on a piece of contrasting card. I "mounted" it with a pin and some thread - I don't think you need many supplies at all.

NotSoNervous Tue 18-Jun-13 13:39:00

Hi I have a 7m old DD and I really want to make a scrap book/photo album for her. I want it to be really personal so I don't just want to get a photo album but this thing is I have no idea where to start or what I need. I popped into hobby craft today and everything was really expensive so I thought I'd turn to MN for some help. I don't know what I would need and how much of certain things or good places to buy from so if anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now