We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Kids crafts

(4 Posts)
ComfortablyDumb Mon 17-Jun-13 13:06:28

Looking to start a stash for the DC. Was planning on doing it in the autumn but the summer weather is so bleurgh this year, so already looking for new stuff to do! Seen lots of ideas online, just need the supplies now.

So. Wilkos, The Works, and of course Baker Ross. Any other general suppliers out there? And do any of them ever do discount codes? grin

Bella2010star Tue 18-Jun-13 08:47:00

The pound shops are brilliant and I sometimes find things in home bargains. Yellow moon online sometimes have some good things as well. If you need any ideas I blog over at www.inspireimaginationthroughcreation.blogspot.co.uk i write about all the craft ideas i have done with my daughter. There are also ideas for items that you would usually throw away. Hope that helps smile

PeterParkerSays Tue 18-Jun-13 09:02:58

The Range are also good, if you have one near you, but Wilkos are fab. We've also found that we have a little independent art / craft shop near us which is good - they have everything from proper tubes of oil paint, quality drawing paper etc for artists to stickers, googly eyes and crimping scissors for toddler crafts.

I was sorting out DS's art stash last night, as we couldn't find anything in the general debri at the bottom of the art box. I found this link on Pinterest, which is good if you're looking to start, then you can get the art stuff in a tidy arrangement from the get-go, rather than doing what we did, and leave sorting the stuff out until you can't find the felt pens or glur sticks any more. hmm

ComfortablyDumb Tue 18-Jun-13 13:09:44

Ah, hadn't thought of The Range. We don't have one near us, but I'll keep an eye on the website. Although I always end up spending more online as I feel I have to 'justify' the P&P hmmgrin

Getting the art stuff tidy to start out is definitely a good plan, and that link is certainly better than my first idea of chuck it all in a box and hope for the best which was more simplistic.

Will check out your blog when I get a bit more sorted.

Thanks both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now