We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

crochet hooks

(13 Posts)
KelleStar Fri 07-Jun-13 16:46:11

My favourite are Brittany birch nice and slippy, warm and very comfy and look beautiful. Though the clover soft touch is a close second.

alemci Thu 30-May-13 15:18:45

bought a clover soft hook. It really is good and the wool doesn't seem to split as much and my tension does seem more even thanks

MNPin2013 Mon 27-May-13 00:44:49

I am making Fimo sleeves for my metal hooks as the slimness is causing me major pain.

alemci Sat 25-May-13 11:54:36

I tend to do everything on a 4 mm hook as using double knit wool.

ParkerTheThief Sat 25-May-13 11:13:33

Another vote for the Addi Swing hooks, I've got loads of others but I always go back to these.

WhyohWhyCantIThinkofaFabName Thu 23-May-13 09:15:36

I use the Addi swing hooks...I find them really comfy, I no longer get hand cramps.

TheThickPlottens Wed 22-May-13 19:02:30

I love the pro knit soft hooks. My hand cramped after an hour using the skinny metal one I started with. It's the same with pens too. I prefer the ergonomic ones.

I'm buying them one by one as projects dictate so haven't been noticing the difference in price.

alemci Wed 22-May-13 17:11:50

I find I need to twist my hand more with the bamboo hook.

the soft ones look appealing.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 22-May-13 17:08:10

Knit pro symfonie wood hooks for me.

They get so smooth and tactile as you use them, I love them.

sooperdooper Wed 22-May-13 16:02:01

I've got bamboo ones which I like but he soft touch ones are nicest, my mum has them and they do feel more comfortable than the ones I have smile

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 22-May-13 14:04:17

Knit-pro soft touch for me. I find due to the soft touch having wider handles I find they sit in my hand better making my tension more even.

PiHigh Wed 22-May-13 13:05:05

I like clover soft touch ones but my fave is a polymer clay covered one from etsy

alemci Wed 22-May-13 12:54:48

Hi,

usually use a metal one but have tried a bamboo one but am not sure. Do the padded one's work well. I do tend to get a bit of RSI and I want to use one that minimises this. Are most designs on a 4mm hook?

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now