Sewing box

(8 Posts)

I have a hankering for a vintage 1960's sewing box, they fold out like a car mechanics box and can be found on Ebay. Although I use a picnic basket.

harbinger Fri 03-May-13 18:36:08

I second The Ninja. I was doing some DIY now the sun has come out and had to root through DH's tool box. Again loads of little compartments. They are not pretty though.

If a plain wooden box can become a sewing box, why not a plastic box?

Creative paint; glue,padding and material, I do't know.....

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 03-May-13 14:16:42

I use a tool box which sounds similar to the fishing box idea, not very pretty but does the trick smile

LatteLady Thu 02-May-13 22:17:40

I agree with Harbinger... I have two fishing tackle boxes which work really well smile

HellesBelles396 Thu 02-May-13 21:58:39

I have an old jewellery box for my threads, a large box for fabrics and a wash-bag for the day-to-day sewing bits (scissors, stitch-rippers, etc). Kilner jars contain buttons, tape measures, zips, etc.

bit of a hodge-podge really.

harbinger Wed 01-May-13 18:02:16

Try fishing boxes! Strange but they have loads of little compartments. Try Angling Direct or something to see what's around.

Standard sewing boxes soon become inadequate.

fossil971 Tue 30-Apr-13 21:20:03

I've given up on fitting everything into one box but I do have a sewing basket for essentials: scissors, pins tapes etc. I find a couple of these very useful and I've labelled the drawers: e.g. buttons, bobbins, knitting needles.

Then fabric in a suitcase, and some more Ikea boxes for ribbons, zips, etc. And magazine files for magazines/patterns.

lisad123everybodydancenow Tue 30-Apr-13 21:12:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now