Quick easy craft projects

(5 Posts)
Gorja Mon 29-Apr-13 16:12:56

Just about to start a set of five night shifts. Usually all the patients sleep so I should have about six hours a night to fill.

Does anybody have any suggestions what I could do which won't be too taxing as I will be tired!

I can crochet, sew but can't knit, can't access the computer at work so can't teach myself knitting.

Thanks

how about embroidery, easy to travel with and pick up/put down (I love urban thread patterns). Or English paper piecing and make a quilt or cushion.

My suggestion would be to make something in patchwork too, maybe hexagons which don't easily lend themselves to machine sewing so would be ideal for a hand sewing project.. You can buy precut templates and papers and even precut fabric pieces (I don't like the cutting out bit!) or just use up scraps of paper and fabric. You don't even have to decide what to make straight away. Just start sewing and see how far you get. Could be a cushion or could be a whole quilt.

You could try learning to knit from a book if you have the time on your hands. I find it easier to learn from a book than a computer anyway. You get more time to sit and examine instructions.

Or cross stitch. Again easy to cart about although you can lose track of where you are on the chart more easily than if you were doing embroidery.

Showtime Mon 29-Apr-13 22:14:34

Knitting's really easy and relaxing, so it might be worthwhile to get a pair of large needles and some craft cotton, to make dishcloths as a beginner's project. If you actually have them in your hands, someone who knows how to knit would no doubt be happy to help you along, should you get stuck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now