Wool/yarn addiction

(82 Posts)
Purlywhites Sat 27-Apr-13 20:48:12

I haven't been knitting long but I LOVe knitting flowers and crafty bits.
I can't stop buying wool (£1-2 here and there) I spend around £20-30 per month.
My new found hobby is taking over!
Is anyone else a compulsive wool purchaser? No one warned me buying wool would become an obsession!
grin

Oh SDG - I am very envy

That looks like a prize worth having.

Closest I have come to that sort of high is buying somebody's craft room clear out from Ebay and having a huge bag of different yarns arrive. I did have to pay for it but it was v. cheap and v. exciting not knowing exactly what I was going to get!

It is worth searching on yarn clear out (or similar phrase) on eBay. You get some interesting stuff come up sometimes and it often goes quite cheaply, especially if it is being sold by somebody who doesn't know what it is worth.

I am really tempted to go and look at eBay now but I have a double quilt, wall hanging and a bag to make by the end of June and I don't have time to knit at the moment. sad

Isn't it just typical that I want to do the one thing I really don't have time for. On the bright side I am building a lovely stash in threads along side my yarn stash. grin

SoupDragon Wed 01-May-13 18:20:15

I'm very excited as car boot season starts on Monday. I've picked up an eclectic mix of yarn from there over the last couple of years!

GroupieGirl Wed 01-May-13 18:44:44

Jealous jealous jealous.

Purlywhites Wed 01-May-13 19:34:31

There is someone with huge joblots on eBay at the moment.

waves another yarn addict over here. I'm not sure i even know how much yarn, fleece and roving there is in my house. I started spinning to feed my addiction and have discovered that fleece takes up even more space. I too recommend vacuum bags, they hide a multitude of sins.I am being good i have not clicked on any of the above links twitches. I reckon really it's all an investment because it is definitely at least partly insulating my house.

AJBthesecond Wed 01-May-13 20:02:17

Purly, what's their name. My fingers are getting so twitchy!

Purlywhites Thu 02-May-13 06:48:34

Tonesshoptwo is the name. Huge bundles but I'm not sure if its a bargain.
Worth a look though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now